Adding French Country Style to Your Home
Several years ago, I visited Provence France and instantly fell in love with the French countryside. Since then, I've combed through several French home magazines, Pinterest, Instagram and read all of Peter Mayle's and Taschen's books on Provence.
I took that knowledge and decorated my own home with French country accents. In doing so, I've come up with what I think are the 20 most important decor items in adding French Country style to your home.
* Antique copper pots
* Provencal linens
* Gold ornate mirrors
* Rattan market baskets
* Bronze or antique candlesticks
* Gold frames
* Faience majolica
* Dried lavender flowers or fresh sunflowers
* Wood corbels
* Glazed urns or pots
* Cheese boards
* All types of chandeliers
* Ticking grain feed sacks repurposed as cushions or pillows
* Wooden kitchen utensils and accessories
* Provencal patterned fabric
* Blending indoor and outdoor spaces such as a patio right outside your kitchen
* Wrought iron and rustic metal accents
* Carved walnut or pine armoires
* Farm tables
* Colors inspired by the French countryside: Olive green, Provencal yellow, Terracotta red and Mediterranean blue
Check out this article on top ten home trends from homesandgardens.com which lists French Country, Rustic Vogue and Vintage as several of their 2021 trends.